- 4 chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 cup yogurt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tandoori spice mix
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed or grated)
- Lemon slices
- Fresh cilantro or parsley leaves
- Prepare the Marinade: In a bowl, mix yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, tandoori spice mix, turmeric powder (if using), and crushed garlic. Add salt to taste.
- Marinate the Chicken: Add the chicken pieces to the marinade mixture. Use your hands to rub the marinade all over the chicken. Cover the bowl and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, preferably 4 hours.
- Cooking: Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the marinated chicken pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or on a grill rack.
- Roast the chicken in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the chicken pieces. The chicken should be cooked through, with white meat and a nicely charred exterior.
- Serving: Transfer the Tandoori Chicken to a serving plate while still hot. Garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley leaves. Serve with lemon slices on the side.
Preparation Time: Approximately 15 minutes
Cooking Time: Approximately 20-25 minutes
Total Time: Approximately 2 hours 15 minutes (including marination time)
Serving Size: Approximately 2-4 servings
These times and servings are approximate values and can vary depending on your personal speed and experience. By following the steps carefully, you can create a flavorful and aromatic Tandoori Chicken dish that’s perfect for special occasions or casual dinners. Enjoy!